6/19/15

Daisy and the Front Man by Rebekah L. Purdy Review!


 
Hell hath no fury like a fangirl scorned…
When Daisy Morris finds out she’s spending the summer with her dad, bodyguard for Seconds to Juliet—the hottest boy band around—she knows it couldn't be more perfect. But not because she’s a fan. Oh, no. Because ever since front man Trevin Jacobs completely humiliated her by standing her up for homecoming, Daisy is out for a little revenge. Yup, Trevin Jacobs is goin' down...
When one of his bandmates bets Trevin he can't make Daisy—the gorgeous but surprisingly ice-cold daughter of their bodyguard—fall in love with him, it’s a bet he can’t resist. Sure, Daisy won’t give him the time of day for reasons he can't understand, and her dad’s hell-bent against his little girl spending time with a superstar. But the terms are set, and Trevin is determined to make Daisy fall…hard.
But every front man should know never to trust a girl with a pretty face…
This Entangled Teen Crush book contains adult language, sexual situations, and seriously hot boys. It may cause swoony daydreams involving a certain super-cute front man.

Daisy and the Front Man had me when the synopsis hinted at revenge to be honest. If there is a girl set on revenge and a boy band involved then you better believe that I will snatch that book up faster than you can say boy band. I am a sucker for revenge stories especially when it seems like love gets tangled into the mix. One thing I really loved about this book was the prologue. I have to tell you, that prologue has me calling for Trevin's blood just like Daisy was. You know a book is going to be good when you are hooked before the first chapter even begins. I need a book to grab my attention very quickly and Daisy and the Front Man did just that.
I believe that it goes without saying that I was rooting for Daisy the whole time. She was energetic, thoughtful, and very focused and it showed throughout the whole book. She is definitely a great revenge plotter. Some of her antics had me laughing my butt off. You can also tell that she has had a rough time in the past and it just made me want to hug her. I also wanted her to get her revenge on Trevin. Especially when he made his little bet with his friends. Let me tell you that had me fuming. I could tell that this book would have me tied in knots by the second chapter. I know someone is going to get hurt and while that doesn't bode well for the characters, it makes things a whole lot more interesting for me. 
As the story went it on, it got harder and harder to hate Trevin and soon I was a goner. The way he treated Daisy and the things he did for her just melted my heart. I said "aww" quite a few times in this book that is for sure. Trevin was a real jerk sometimes throughout the book, but his sweet moments outweighed the bad in the end. It did not hurt AT ALL that he was extremely hot and in a boy band. That mixture is deadly to a fangirl’s heart like mine.
I'm going to admit it; I teared up at one point. I don't know what it is about stories like these but they just pull at my heartstrings. This is the kind of book that will have you gunning for revenge one moment and melting your heart the next. Every interaction between Daisy and Trevin was either filled with tension, love, or heartache. It was just a rollercoaster ride.  Some of you may know that I don't read a ton of contemporary novels, but contemporary novels like these make me realize how amazing they are all over again. Seriously, I read this book in one sitting. I was up until 5 AM reading it. I haven't done that in a long time so you KNOW I loved this book. There was never a moment when I was bored. The whole time I wanted to get to the climax of the story because I had to know what happened, but I had to pace myself because the wait was worth it. It was SO worth it.
Anyway, all you need to know about this book is that it is filled with crazy revenge plots, stupid bets, hot band members, drama, and fun times in between all that. I am definitely adding this book to my favorites list. I'm telling you, Entangled Teen is on point with their books lately. You go, Glen Coco. I give Daisy and the Front Man five out of five stars!

2 comments:

  1. Aww this books sounds really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Dana! It is the perfect book for contemporary lovers.

      Delete